Krieghoff has produced some magnificent firearms over the years, but every year they create a new Gun of the Year. These are the firearms that feature extra touches such as deep relief engraving, gold highlights exhibition grade walnut stocks and forearms and much more. Rather than try to describe these works of art, we’ll let the photos tell the story.
Krieghoff’s Classic “Big Five” side-by-side double rifle features a twin-hammer action with a Universal Trigger System, Combi-Cocking Device and reliable optional ejectors. A few of the standard features that ensure accuracy and reliability in field include:
- Articulated front trigger without set trigger device
- Slim and compact steel action with reinforced sidewalls for extra strength
- Automatic hammer safety to prevent the rifle from firing unless it is fully closed
- Short opening angle for fast, easy loading
- Sliding, self-adjusting wedge for durable secure bolting
With a renewed interest in wingshooting by many hunters, Krieghoff offers a 20 gauge barrel with or without ejectors for the Classic “Big Five” rifle. Find out more about the Classic “Big Five” as well as the entire Krieghoff line at their website.