Safari Club International will be holding its 2020-2021 elections in Washington, DC during the May 9, 2020 SCI Board of Directors Meeting.
If you meet the eligibility requirements as listed below and would like to serve on the SCI Board in any of the following positions, please visit the SCI website www.safariclub.org to obtain the proper forms. If you do not have Internet access, you may contact Stephanie Carabeo at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 798-4916 for assistance.
- President-Elect (one-year term)
- Treasurer (two-year term)
- Vice President (two-year term)
- Director-at-Large (one-year term)
- International Director (one-year term)
- Must be a member in good standing.
- Must have attained the age of 25 years.
- Must have been a member for at least 3 years.
- Must meet the other requirements in Section 11, Elections of the SCI Bylaws, which can be found at www.safariclub.org under “Bylaws and Policies”.
All forms must be sent to Stephanie Carabeo at Safari Club International, 4800 W. Gates Pass Rd., Tucson, AZ 85745 and must be received no later than March 9, 2020.
Any member wishing to circulate a petition for signature in order to qualify as a candidate, and any candidate wishing to circulate information urging his election, may obtain the Board member mail list on request to SCI Headquarters. Under no circumstances may such list be used at any time for other purposes, including business purposes. Evidence that such misuse has occurred is grounds for referral of the matter to the Committee on Ethics and Code of Conduct.
Regional Representatives are also elected by the Board but there is a special nomination process carried out through the Chapter Presidents. This nomination process begins March 2, 2020 and ends March 27, 2020. For further information on the process, please contact Sandy Gracia at email@example.com or (520) 798-4912.
The qualifications and requirements for a Regional Representative position are:
- Must be at least 25 years old;
- Must have been an SCI member for three years or more;
- Must be a member in good standing (mainly that means that his dues and other obligations to SCI must be fully paid up and that his membership has not been suspended for ethics reasons);
- Must be reside within the region (except for Asia);
- Must sign and submit the following documents – Declaration of Ethical Standards, Duties of Loyalty and Conflicts of Interest, the SCI/SCI Foundation Policy Regarding Staff and Volunteers, and a completed SCI questionnaire regarding conflicts of interest and wildlife offense convictions;
- A Regional Representative is the principal liaison between SCI, SCI Foundation and the chapters in his region. He shall organise new chapters in the region, and assist the President in his duties in the region.
- A Regional Representative must attend at least one of the three Board meetings each year (this can be done by remote participation in the spring or summer meetings).
Thank you and best of luck in the coming elections!
SCI Election Commission