The Leica NOCTIVID binoculars offers unparalleled optical performance by establishing new benchmarks for the brightest, sharpest, highest contrast and purest color images available in a binocular today.
Leica’s designers and engineers, utilizing the latest and most innovative technologies, have perfectly matched the highest performance optical system with a rugged, compact body that is “pure” Leica in style and elegance. The open-bridge design is further refined to provide comfortable, secure handling and outstanding ergonomics for quick and responsive field use.
The Noctivid binoculars’ performance arises from a combination of engineering and process that results in an incomparably three-dimensional viewing experience.
- 12 precise glass lenses of SCHOTT HT for amazingly natural color rendition and increased brightness.
- Improved geometry of lens surfaces for never-before achieved resolution and edge-to-edge image sharpness.
- High-temperature plasma deposition lens coatings for perfectly balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light.
- An innovative new baffle system provides new levels of stray light reduction for improved image contrast.
- New eyepiece design for longer eye-relief, nearer close focus and wider field-of-view.
- Lightweight, high-strength magnesium body with patented hardness Class 8 surface coating for superior corrosion protection.
- All external lens surfaces benefit from Leica’s HDC coating for superior abrasion resistance and Leica’s AuqaDura lens coating provides for ease of cleaning and crystal-clear views in any weather.
- Superior sealing and nitrogen purged for the highest-rated water-/fog-proof performance in any environment – submersible to 16 feet.
- Rubber armoring for sure grip, added impact protection and comfortable ergonomics.
- High mechanical precision focusing system for properly metered focusing speed and tack-sharp images.